Thursday, 21 November 2013

Struggling Writer - The Seed of Doubt has Started to Sprout

The Metamorphosis of Elissa Brown is my first and, at present, only completed novel. The idea for it popped into my head when I was a teenager. Many years later, I had a baby sleeping and a husband working nights and found myself wanting to write. The discipline to keep going when my eye lids drooped and baby cried, failed and rekindled relentlessly until I finally managed to finish it and publish on Amazon.

Since then I have totally ignored it and feel dreadful.

Now I cannot look at it. I love this book but it feels like it has been buried in Pet Cemetry and returned a disfigured version of its former self. It lurks in the drawer whispering about neglect and betrayal.

Steeped in motherhood I am working on a children's book about a Cornish mermaid. Hopefully it will sit on the shelf next to my novel...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment