Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Easy Peasy Chocolate Pudding

Sunday afternoon and I thought I'd have a go at 'easy peasy chocolate pudding', a recipe which claims you will be rewarded with a gooey chocolate mound oozing with melting chocolate in just 6 minutes.

Total disaster.

Husband wafted old postcard under my nose quizzing me as to what ancient part of the Cornish coastline it depicted. My mind whirred from sifting flour to sifting through mental images of Cornwall.
My little girl interrupted at the point I over microwaved the rock solid butter to show me her impression of 'toddling' like her little brother. She executed a funny wiggling backward walk then asked where her gloves were. My mind flitted to all the places her gloves might be whilst simultaneously working through Cornwall images and shoving ingredients into an undersized bowl, the butter was incinerated.
I then discovered my little boy had walked off with the chocolate.
Throwing caution to the wind I shoved the bowl in the microwave and hoped for the best.
Needless to say I did not succeed. The pudding was a shambles, the chocolate was found smeared round the bath, the postcard was of St.Agnes beach and I only found one glove.

1 comment:

  1. I have had many recipe disasters, so I feel your pain :) I saw your post on bloggy moms and stopping by to say hi! I look forward to your future posts!

    http://www.foodieinwv.com

    ReplyDelete